Spicy Lamb Soup
2 pounds of lamb (I cut mine in "shards" like long glass)
2 tablespoons of Maggi Liquid Seasoning (get at Supermarket or online)
2 tablespoons of olive oil
1 large onion, chopped coarsely
3 trimmed celery sticks chopped coarsely
1 can of chickpeas
7 medium tomatoes seeded and chopped coarsely (or 2 cans Tomatos)
1/2 Gallon of water
1 tablespoon of salt
1/2 cup of lentils
1/4 of fresh coriander leaves chopped
COOK IT IN ORDER:
1. Heat oil in a large saucepan--the biggest one you have! You need room
for all the ingredient.
2. Cook onions until soft.
3. Mix all the spices together in a bowl...then Add spices to the Onions and stir for 2 mns until fragrant. (DO NOT add Maggi liquid yet)
1 tablespoon of ground cumin
2 teaspoons ground ginger
2 teaspoons of ground coriander
1 teaspoon of ground cinnamon
1 whole chopped Scotch Bonnet Pepper
2 tablespoons Cayenne Pepper
2 tablespoons Paprika
4. Add lamb and celery and cook for 2 mns until lamb is all coated with the spices.
5. Add tomato and Maggi Seasoning and cook for 10 mns until tomato softens.
6. Add water, chickpeas and salt and bring to a boil.
7. Simmer covered for about 1 1/2 hours.
8. Add lentils and cook covered for another 30 mns.
9. Add coriander just before serving.