UNUSUAL SIDE DISHES:
Traditional Arab Style Sweet Potatoes
Arab Style Sweet Potatoes or
**MAKE THIS LIKE AUTHENTIC ARAB.
(1) Cut on your oven to 400 degrees.
(2) Whisk 2 large eggs in a small bowl. Set aside.
Take a "shallow cooking dish" and sand the bottom with
1/4 cup of White Sugar. Place 4 slivers of butter in
the sugar, spaced apart.
(2) GET A SMALL BOWL, mix all of the following Spices
just the way I'm telling you.
3 teaspoons of Brown Sugar
1 teaspoon of Onion Powder
1 teaspoon of Tumeric
1 teaspoon of ground Black Pepper
3 teaspoons of Paprika
1 teaspoon of Thyme
1 teaspoon of ground Rosemary
1 teaspoon of Garlic Powder
2 teaspoons of Cayenne Pepper
(3) Wash 4 Sweet Potatoes (or Yams) and cut each one in half
lengthwise. Make sure to brush a little water on the "cut side"
--the bottom side will be dipped in the Egg wash. But on the
"cut side"...you brush a little water and then matte the Spices
you mixed onto each cut potato.
(4) NOW take the bottom sides and dip them in the Egg Wash
(bowl of eggs you whisked).
(5) Place them in a shallow cooking dish....BAKE 1 hour.